Despite best efforts, things sometimes can and do go wrong. We are human and we can make mistakes sometimes. We firmly believe in treating others the way that you yourself would like to be treated. We are committed to resolving any problems or concerns to the best of our ability.
This conflict resolution policy is of particular importance, as it allows us to provide services and / or products at a reasonable price.
Please note that this policy forms part of the terms and conditions for this site. You are not allowed to use this site if you do not agree to all of the terms and conditions.
The following is an abbreviated, plain-language version of our conflict resolution policy:
- Contact us first if you have a problem. It is important to make sure that we are actually aware of your issue. Receiving your query means telephonic contact, a read receipt on your e-mail or an auto-response acknowledging receipt of your email.
- Give us reasonable time to resolve your query. We aim to deal with complaints as soon as we are able, however, for the purposes of this policy, you agree not to refer the matter to a third party (including, but not limited to, any online or other public platform) before you have given us 10 business days from the date that we received your query, to resolve your issue internally.
- If we are unable to resolve your query to your satisfaction, you agree to first make use of an industry ombudsman or a regulatory body we belong to, if applicable, in order to resolve your query prior to taking further action.
- If you do not first make use of these means, we reserve the right to disclose as much information related to the matter as we deem, in our sole discretion, necessary to protect our rights. You may also be held responsible for any and all damages, or penalties, or remedies of specific performance, to which we may be entitled.
- If these means of conflict resolution do not succeed, it will be at our discretion to refer the matter for mediation and / or binding arbitration with an accredited body. You agree that civil proceedings cannot be instituted in a court, unless we have waived our right to mediation and / or binding arbitration in writing.
- Any court proceedings, if they become applicable, must be instituted in the Johannesburg area of South Africa, unless otherwise agreed to by an explicitly authorized person representing Paddastoel, or subject to change of this policy.
- In return, we will first attempt to contact you to resolve any conflicts, unless this is prohibited by law, or by the regulations of any governing body we belong to, if applicable. Where feasible, we will make use of alternative dispute resolution before taking civil action against you.